VMware Horizon is the leading platform for Windows desktop and application virtualization. It enables you enables you to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single platform. Horizon 7 supports both Windows- and Linux-based desktops.
VMware Horizon 7 has the following features:
• Highly customizable Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
• Just-in-time delivery with Instant Clone Technology
• Transformational user experience with Blast Extreme, PCoIP, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
• Delivery of Windows and Linux virtual desktops and RDS-hosted applications
• Enterprise-class connection broker delivers what users need to their preferred device
• The packaged solution includes desktop pool management, virtual printing, application virtualization, storage management, application entitlement, and so on.
VMware Horizon Logical Reference Architecture :
Horizon is available in the following editions.
- Horizon 7 Standard: Simple, powerful VDI with the great user experience.
- Horizon 7 Advanced: Cost-effective delivery of desktops and applications through a unified workspace.
- Horizon 7 Enterprise: Desktop and application delivery with closed-loop management and automation.
- Horizon Apps Standard: Simple, powerful app virtualization with
a greatuser experience.
- Horizon Apps Advanced: Powerful app virtualization with just-in-time management.
Looking for a cloud-hosted VDI solution? Check out Horizon Cloud.
Here is the complete feature comparison : Click Here
Horizon 7 is available in two license models:
Per Named User: For virtual environments with staff that need dedicated access to a virtual machine throughout the day.
Per Concurrent Connection: For virtual environments with a high number of shift workers where machines are shared between workers throughout the day (e.g. students, shift workers).
For more information check out this : Click here
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading! Be Social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.